Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thanks/Keystone

Thank you all for your positive feedback. I really feel as though this will make my lessons much better and much more interesting. I have always felt that my best lessons come from bouncing ideas off of my department or friends who are teachers. I have a feeling this is going to be great!

Tomorrow will be my last day of truly new material before Keystone week. We are going to review a few topics we skipped over, but for the most part it is material they have seen before. My main goal of next week is to build up their confidence.

I can't tell you how many students told me they know they won't pass that test. They have heard other students' horror stories, they have seen sample problems, and they assume they will perform poorly. As stressed as I am about this test, some of my students are just as nervous (others couldn't possible care less). I am excited to teach next week because of those scared students. I am going to teach a Dan Meyer Act 3 lesson, and I know they will succeed. They can't fail.

"My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me."Jimmy Valvano. I believe my students will pass. They are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment